Are you a parent who is looking for strategies to help offer guidance and support to your future young star? Do you ever look at a successful young person and wonder what factors and influences have contributed to their success?
Being a parent can be the most fulfilling feeling in the world, but it isn’t always easy. Sports clubs and coaches often talk about parents and the role they play in the development of the aspiring player. One of the many challenge for a parent is how much involvement should you have – what is healthy and what isn’t?
Whether your child is the next Ronaldo or Lewis Hamilton or you simply want their lives to be enriched by the lessons participating in sport can teach, then learning mental skills and different perspectives to help your child develop are invaluable.
Some positive mental techniques and tools to eliminate stress parents learn are:
- Enhancing beliefs
- Changing your own internal state
- Imagery and Anchoring – How best to trigger best memories
- Bringing up a Rory or Murray
- Eliminate negative emotions attached to stressful or traumatic experiences
- What is driving your teenager’s decisions and attitude?
- How to support your child with winning and losing
- Watching your language and learning new language
If you are interested in any of the above and would like to learn so much more, then please contact me.